Degrees and Certifications:
M.A. Curriculum and Instruction B.A. English and Communication
Ms. Kristin Woods
I am the Emergent Bilingual Coach and ESL Department Chair at Frankford, which gives me a unique opportunity to work with both students and staff to ensure that our emergent bilingual students maximize their linguistic and academic potential. I love working with middle schoolers because it's the time when kids make the transition from "little kids" to teenagers, and it is amazing to watch our students grow both academically and socially. My goals as an educator are to instill a love of reading, make learning fun and memorable, promote the value of diversity, and build positive relationships based on empathy and acceptance.
This is my 21st year in education and my 9th year as a Frankford Falcon. Other than working with students, some of my favorite things are my nephews, cats, books, laughing, and cookies. In my free time, you can find me baking, reading, volunteering with an animal rescue, and listening to true crime podcasts.
Why do I teach?
- I believe that all kids deserve encouragement and support
- I want to help students see how our diversity makes us better
- I want to facilitate kids' love of reading, history, and learning
- I hope to help students develop their own passions
- I invest in kids because they are the leaders of our future