How You Can Help
Plano ISD is fortunate to have received an outpouring of support from community members eager to assist the district and the families we serve. Currently, the best way to support Plano ISD is to lend support to those supporting our families. This page includes information on the current needs of Plano ISD's partners.
Minnie's Food Pantry
Plano ISD is partnering with Minnie's Food Pantry to help support district families who may be experiencing food insecurity. The best way to support Minnie's as they work to support district families is by giving food, money and time. For pantry hours and more information on how you can assist their efforts, visit Minnie's website.
Food & Supply Donations
Food and supply donations can be dropped off or shipped to Minnie's Food Pantry located at 661 18th Street, Plano, Texas 75074. Some of the most critical needs include:
- Bags of beans
- Boxed pasta meals
- Cereal and breakfast bars
- Canned fruit
- Canned meat
- Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Jelly (in plastic containers)
- Lysol spray
- Miscellaneous snack items (kid-friendly items preferred)
- Spaghetti / spaghetti sauce
If you would like make a monetary donation, there are three ways to give:
- Online by visiting Minnie's donation webpage
- By phone by texting the word MINNIES to 41444
- In person by visiting Minnie's Food Pantry during their current hours of operation
Due to the effects of COVID-19, Minnie's is experiencing a shortage of volunteers, and they are vital to the food collection and distribution process. To register to volunteer, visit Minnie's volunteer webpage.