McMillen Teacher of the Year - Michael Crane!!!
Mr. Crane (on the left) and Principal Williams (right) at our holiday luncheon just after the announcement was made.
Plano ISD Schools and Facilities Are Closed January 31.
Due to the forecast for inclement weather, extreme temperatures and the potential for unsafe driving conditions throughout the district, Plano ISD schools and facilities will be closed on Tuesday, January 31. Afternoon and evening activities and competitions are also canceled or postponed for Tuesday, January 31.
Please continue to monitor the school district communications channels for any updates or new information regarding the weather and school operations via www.pisd.edu/districtupdates
Community Input Forums
The Plano ISD Board of Trustees and District Leadership have recently begun a Strategic Roadmapping process to provide a long-range plan for the district. After an initial brainstorming/curation process, we have identified several areas for community input. Trustees and district leaders will host a series of sessions for the community to gather feedback on the topics related to the Strategic Roadmap for the district’s future planning.
Community members are invited to attend and participate in activities designed to receive input and gather interests on the following topics:
- Career and Technical Education (CTE), particularly related to plans for the new CTE Center as part of the recent Bond
- Academics including advanced academics, special education and multilingual programming
- Instructional technology, particularly related to classroom technology to be potentially funded by the recently passed bond propositions
- Facility planning, including safety and security upgrades
In addition to the community meetings, work groups of professionals/experts in each of these areas will meet to provide input and feedback to the Board of Trustees. Community input will inform these work groups, district leaders and the Board of Trustees as they define a map for the future in creating the next strategic plan.
The forums will be held on the following dates in various locations across the district. The same activity will be conducted at each session. The community is invited to please attend and provide input to this important planning process. Select the date and time most convenient for you.
- Saturday, February 4: 9:00-10:00 a.m. at Jasper High School
- Monday, February 6: 7:00-8:00 p.m. at Williams High School
- Monday, February 13: 7:00-8:00 p.m. at Clark High School
- Wednesday, March 15: 7:00-8:00 p.m. at McMillen High School
- Saturday, March 18: 9:00-10:00 a.m. at Vines High School
- Tuesday, March 21: 7:00-8:00 p.m. at Shepton High School
Teacher and Support Staff Job Fair on March 25
Are you interested in working in one of the highest rated school districts in the state? Plano ISD will host a Teacher and Support Staff Job Fair on March 25 from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Candidates must register for the event. All elementary and secondary campuses will be on site to speak to those interested in teaching and support staff roles. Visit the employment website and read more about employment opportunities.
Make your reservations now and join us at SKI Plano 2023 on February 4 at the Marriott Legacy Town Center from 6 to 11 p.m. for a night of fundraising, dancing and fun!
For more than 25 years with the help of our community, SKI Plano (Supporting Kids in Plano) has raised critical funds to help Plano ISD students throughout the district. Sponsorship opportunities are available.
February 7, 2023
6:00 PM School Board Meeting
February 20, 2023
February 21, 2023
6:00 PM School Board Work Session
February 23, 2023
February 27, 2023
March 2, 2023
March 3, 2023