Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Donna Wonders
Hi! I am Mrs. Donna Wonders, the secretary here at Shepard! I am so proud to be a part of the wonderful Patriot family.
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Dismissal and Attendance
To report an absence, please call the Child Safe Line at
469-752-3600 (option 3) or email ShepardAttendance@pisd.edu
If you know BEFORE school that there will be a change of dismissal, please send a teacher note in the morning or email the office so we are aware.
If you need to change plans AFTER your child is here, you have 2 choices:
- Call the front office, and they will tell the teacher –OR-
- E-mail the teacher, and cc: ShepardAttendance@pisd.edu and Donna.Wonders@pisd.edu (the secretary). That way, in case the teacher misses it, I will make sure that we know and then a “change in dismissal” card will be sent to notify the teacher.
If your child is absent, please send a signed note with the reason for their absence or bring a doctor’s note (if you went to the doctor).
We recommend calling the school 5 - 10 minutes prior to arrival for pick up, so students have time to gather their items and come to the office. This is especially helpful for when students are at recess, lunch, specials, or in academic services.
**Must bring a form of identification for pick-up**
Attendance Reminders for Parents
- Instruction begins at 7:40 am. The school doors open at 7:00 am. Please try to have your student in class, unpacked and ready to start by 7:40 am. Any student not in the building after the tardy bell rings will be issued a tardy.
- Please call the child safe line before 8:30 if your child is going to be absent or later than 9:00. Dial 469-752-3100 and choose option #3. Remember, calling the child safe line does not excuse the absence. It is strictly to let the school know the child is safe and with you.
- A signed note or an email to ShepardAttendance@pisd.edu is required within 3 days of the absence in order for us to excuse the absence(s). You must include the dates your child was absent and the reason for absence.
- Notes to excuse an absence will not be accepted after 3 days.
- In regard to students leaving early: Students will be called to come down to the office when the parent arrives in the office. This will allow the child to benefit from the maximum instructional time possible.
New Student Registration and Enrollment
I have provided here for you with the link for information about new student enrollment. Should you have any further questions, feel free to call Shepard Elementary on our mainline and speak with me directly. The direct phone number is (469) 752 - 3100. Information about medical requirements can be found on the Nurse's page.
I have provided here for you with the link for information about the various transportation services such as how to find your bus route, late bus information, and fare busing. Should you have any further questions, feel free to call Shepard Elementary on our mainline and speak with me directly or call the transportation department. The Shepard direct phone number is (469) 752 - 3100 and the Transportation department phone number is (469) 752 - 0780. Information about medical requirements can be found on the Nurse's page.
District Feeder Schools
Please continue to the link below to learn about district feeder schools.
Favorite School Drinks (Not Sonic)
Favorite Sonic Drink
Diet Cherry Limeade
Best Gift Card for $5
Best Gift Card for More Than $5
Bonus School Supplies
Colorful Gel pens
- X Large
Cinnamon (nothing sweet)
Birthday (Month and Day)
- June 25th