Shepton Mission & Vision Statements
As a part of our Plano ISD learning community, we will educate, inspire, and empower every student to activate their unique potential in a dynamic world.
- We will keep all students at the heart of every decision.
- We will be passionate about our service to our community and students every day.
- We will maintain professionalism in all communication.
- We will show respect to all.
- We will lead by example and take pride in what we do.
That create a...
POSITIVE AND COLLABORATIVE CULTURE
- We will foster a caring, safe, and welcoming environment.
- We will focus on the social, emotional, and academic needs for all.
- We will develop meaningful relationships in order to support our school community.
- We will seek support when needed and lend a hand when others are in need.
- We will create an environment that allows students to take academic risks.
- We will openly collaborate with others to maximize our effectiveness.
RIGOROUS, RELEVANT, AND RESPONSIVE LEARNING
- We will remember that relationships are the foundation to all learning.
- We will be a dynamic professional learning community.
- We will all be risilient and resourceful life-long learners.
- We will provide consistent expectations that challenge all learners to be high achieving.
- We will be responsive and attentive to the changing needs of all students.
- We will create real world applications to bring relevance and rigor to our learning.
- We will never give up on and will grow individuals.
Shepton High School has a long history of academic excellence in the Plano community. Shepton is a 9-10 campus with approximately 1500 students. Shepton offers a full range of courses in all academic areas including honors and Advanced Placement. The Shepton Stallions compete in a variety of athletic and academic competitions and offer over 50 clubs to join.