Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Brad Simmons
Hello Jasper Wolves!
I am excited to begin my 3rd year teaching at Jasper High School and 6th year teaching overall. This year I will teach English I and English I Honors iwhile also serving as the English I Team Leader.
Throughout the year, we will read a variety of short and long texts, including poems and plays. In addition to interacting with these texts, uur classes will emphasize the importance of two things: setting individual reading goals with self-selected books and writing regularly. Students will be asked to step outside (and sometimes pushed outside) of their comfort zones in effort to help them realize that they can do hard things if they are willing to show up for themselves.
A Little About Me:
- My wife Traci and I have been married for 27 years and have two children: Kacie (25) and Brady (16).
- I graduated from Plano Senior High School in 1994.
- I have a Bachelors of Arts from the University of North Texas and a Masters of Arts from Southern New Hampshire University, both in English with a focus in creative writing.
- Love baseball more than a rational person should. (I have three TVs in my living room to watch games on throughout the spring and summer.)
- Would eat burgers, pizza, and cookies every day if I could.
I look forward to spending quality time with your students throught the school day, hoping that I can make an impact on them that will last beyond their freshman year of high school. If you would like to contact me, please do so by email. That's the best and most efficient means of communication while I'm attending to student needs in the classroom. If you would like to then move to a phone conversation, we can make that happen.
2023-2024 Class Schedule:
2nd: Jasper Academy/Connect
3rd: English I Honors
4th: English I Honors
5th: English I Honors
6th: English I Honors
7th: English I
8th: English I
2023-2024 Tutorial Schedule:
Monday: after school
Thursday: before school
Connect: by teacher or student request