Plano West administrators, faculty and staff thank you for your support and cooperation during your student's years at Plano West Senior High School. Please carefully review the information below to ensure graduates and guests have all of the information needed to make certain that our graduates have the dignified Commencement that they deserve.
Additionally, we want to make certain that every senior successfully meets all requirements for graduation. We ask that parents contact teachers immediately if you feel your son/daughter may be having difficulty in any classes. We strive to have “no surprises” regarding our students’ graduation status so please stay in close communication if you have concerns.
The Class of 2019 will hold its commencement exercises on Saturday, June 8, at 7:30 p.m. at the Ford Center at The Star in Frisco. Because of limited seating capacity, each graduate will be issued 8 tickets for family members and guests. There will be no reserved seating so an early arrival is advised. Graduates are expected to be at their place in line at the Ford Center by 6:30 p.m.. and may not have any personal items in their possession.
SENIOR EXIT--REGISTRATION FOR COMMENCEMENT
Beginning Wednesday, May 2nd, visit your Sub-School to begin the Senior Exit process. All Seniors are required to sign the following document in their Sub-School office.
Graduation Rehearsal is mandatory and will be held in the Plano West Auditorium:
Exempt Seniors with last names (A-Lee) will attend graduation rehearsal in the auditorium. (Arctic and Lobos Sub-Schools)
Graduation rehearsal for remaining Seniors with last names (A-Lee) in the auditorium.
Exempt Seniors with last names (Lef-Z) will attend graduation rehearsal in the auditorium. (Timber and Tundra Sub-Schools)
Graduation rehearsal for remaining Seniors with last names (Lef-Z) in the auditorium.
GRADUATION REHEARSAL PRESENTATION
Graduates will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony if they have any outstanding fines, fees, lost textbooks, uniforms, etc.
Please complete the Senior Survey to ensure that you can pick up your grad tickets on Friday!
- Class of 2019 seniors must complete the Plano ISD Graduation Survey in NAVIANCE
- Log-in to NAVIANCE https://connection.naviance.com/pwsh Plano West postal code is 75093. STUDENTS MUST SELECT LOG-IN WITH CLEVER
- Follow the log-in for your google account
- Once logged into Naviance, click on ABOUT ME in the upper right corner
- Click on Surveys not Started
- Answer item #1 by choosing an option from the pull down menu
- You must answer number 2 – choose N/A if that applies
- Complete item 3, and update your list of colleges with FINAL DECISION from the colleges
- For the College you are ATTENDING remember to check the ATTENDING and SEND FINAL TRANSCRIPT boxes
- If attending Collin College for summer classes, or if you are a Dual Credit Student, add Collin College and request a final transcript be sent
- Complete the remainder of the survey and click SAVE AND I AM FINISHED at the bottom of the page
- ***Complete a paper copy of your transcript request. Paper copies are available in the counseling office
- Students must complete both the SENIOR SURVEY in NAVIANCE and the paper transcript request in the counseling office
- Graduation tickets will be held until seniors complete the Senior Survey and transcript request
- Final transcripts will be sent to colleges and universities between June 10-21
DISTRIBUTION OF GRADUATION TICKETS
EACH GRADUATE WILL RECEIVE 8 TICKETS TO THE COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES
- Seniors must pick up their own graduation tickets (no parents please) on campus Friday, May 24 from 3:00 to 3:30 pm in the Old and Gray Gyms.
- Only seniors who have passed all end-of-course exams and all courses required for graduation may participate in the commencement exercises.
- Students must present a photo I.D. and sign for receipt.
ATTIRE & GRADUATE REGALIA
- Plano West blue cap (plain, no decorations), gown and Plano West tassel are required for participation in the graduation ceremony.
- Girls are expected to wear dresses with appropriate shoes. Boys are expected to wear dress trousers, dress shirts, ties, and appropriate shoes and socks.
- Athletic shoes and beach sandals will not be allowed.
- Students must be properly attired to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Only Plano West Senior High approved graduation regalia (Sashes, Cords and Collars) listed below will be allowed.
Honor Graduates-(Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Cum Laude)
White Satin – Diamond Stole/Collar
National Honor Society
National Spanish Honor Society
Red and gold cords
National French Honor Society
Red, white and blue cords
National Art Honor Society
Silver cord with tassel
National Thespian Honor Society
Blue and gold cords
National German Honor Society
Black, red and gold cords
National Forensics League Society
Red and grey cords
National American Sign Language Society
Red, white and blue cords
Mu Alpha Theta Honor Society
Pale blue and gold cords
CAP, GOWN AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Jostens is the supplier of caps, gowns, and announcements and has been on campus several times this year to take orders. If your student still needs any of these items, please contact Jostens directly at 800-567-8367, M-F, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. There is also a website on which students/parents can place orders – it is jostens.com.
TRAVEL & PARKING
The Ford Center at The Star has ample parking located in various garages and lots located immediately around the center and south of Warren Parkway with three lots located in Hall Park. See the map below for details. All parking is free.
Shuttle buses to The Ford Center will be available to guests parked in Hall Park. See the map below for shuttle pick/drop-off locations.
Graduates should arrive and be in line by 6:30 p.m. They will enter the venue through a special graduate-only entrance to the north side of the stadium. (See map below.)
TICKETS AND ADMISSION
Seating will be general admission. All guests over the age of two years old will be required to have a ticket for entry. Guests two years of age and older must have a ticket to enter. No exceptions.
Handicap seating is available throughout the main seating level of the stadium. Each disabled person may be accompanied by one companion. (Both must have tickets.) The Ford Center is designed with accessible parking, accessible vehicle drop-off and pick-up areas, power assisted doors, restrooms, concessions, water fountains and seating areas. Guests can receive more information by visiting our Guest Services Center located on the concourse behind Section 127. For more information, please visit www.thestarinfrisco.com/information.
THE FORD CENTER & PLANO ISD GUIDELINES
To respect and honor all graduating seniors and their families, please review these policies.
- The Ford Center and the Plano Independent School District may refuse admission to (or may expel) patrons for disruptive or disorderly conduct.
- Noisemakers and air horns are not permitted. Persons found with these items will be escorted from the venue.
- Other items prohibited at this venue include balloons, silly string/confetti, lighters, matches, laser pointers, weapons, back packs, purses and bags larger than a small clutch, outside food and drinks, tobacco products, large flower arrangements, signs, large banners, tripods and professional cameras. See bag policy for more details.
No outside food or beverages may be brought into Ford Center. Limited concessions will be available for sale onsite.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All purses, bags or containers larger than a small clutch bag
- Binocular case (binoculars may be worn around the neck)
- Camera bags
- Cinch bags
- Computer bags
- Fanny packs
- Luggage of any kind
- Seat cushions
We strongly encourage guests to limit the number of items they bring with them to the stadium on graduation day.
Approved bags include the following:
- Clear Tote
- Plastic, vinyl or PVC and not to exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- Plastic Storage Bag
- Clear, one (1) gallon, re-sealable
- Small Clutch Purse
- Approximately the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap. No larger than 5.5” x 8.5” with or without a handle or strap. Can be carried separately or within an approved plastic bag.
An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose. Please limit the number of items you bring to Ford Center.
Flash Photography will photograph each graduate and mail proofs at no charge within a few days of the ceremony. Contact Flash at www.FLASHphotography.com if you have questions.
Graduation ceremonies will be broadcast live via streaming webcast at www.wfaa.com. Friends and family near and far will be able to take part in this milestone event.
June 8, 2019
7:30 p.m. - Plano West Senior High School
MEETING GRADUATES & EXITING THE VENUE AFTER THE CEREMONY
At the conclusion of the graduation ceremonies, graduates will participate in a recessional from the stadium and will be released at the Tostitos Championship Plaza located directly in front of the venue. Guests will remain seated during the recessional and will be adjourned after the graduates have exited the arena. Families will meet their graduates outside on the plaza after the ceremony. Graduates and their families should then proceed immediately to the garages and parking lots.
Because of the multiple ceremonies planned on this day, all graduates and guests are asked to leave the venue within one hour after each ceremony.
Instructions for requesting a final transcript will be posted in enews/Wolf Call. Seniors should not request a transcript until instructions are posted.
Seniors must request a final transcript to be sent to:
- the college that they will attend in the fall (this includes Collin College and junior colleges).
- Collin College if the student was enrolled in dual credit courses, or if the student plans to attend Collin in the summer and/or fall.
- the NCAA Eligibility Center for students participating in college athletics.
Final transcript requests will be processed and sent to the requested colleges after graduation.
Graduates in the Class of 2019 may request a personal (unofficial) copy of their final transcript beginning the last week of June at the PWSH Registrar’s Office. The personal copy will be issued at the time that the request is submitted at the Registrar’s Office.