PSHS JAZZ BAND PRESENTS: Swing Dance!
Performance will be held Saturday, Dec. 16th in the PSHS Café from 7pm-10pm.
Tickets are $12 in advance or $15 at the door.
Food & Drinks provided.
Come for a fun evening of dancing and music by the PSHS Jazz Band.
ORCHESTRA CLUSTER CONCERTS
Concerts will be held on Saturday, December 2nd in the PSHS Gym.
2:00 PM features Plano Senior HS, Vines HS, Haggard MS, and Wilson MS
5:00 PM features Plano Senior HS, Clark HS, Hendrick MS, and Schimelpfenig MS
DID YOU KNOW ….Plano Senior High now has a College and Career Counselor?
Henry Canfield M.S. & M.Ed.
Collin College: College & Career Counselor
Mr. Canfield has lived and worked in China for the last 13 years, and during that time served the school community as a school counselor, AP teacher, Department Head, Coach, and Administrator. Prior to his career in education, Mr. Canfield served in the United States Air Force. He brings an international perspective to his position and is excited to help students explore their college & career goals and develop pathways to assist them achieve those goals. Students interested in scheduling an appointment with Mr. Canfield can email him at Hcanfield@collin.edu.
Mr. Canfield will be on campus Wednesdays and Fridays for now. His office is located in the cafeteria just inside the Honor Lounge (southeast corner lounge).
SPRING DUAL ENROLLMENT ANNOUNCEMENT:
SIGNED PERMISSION FORMS ARE DUE IN THE PSHS COUNSELING OFFICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If you are currently in a dual enrollment course and need to register for next semester, you have received the Collin College Permission Form. Once you have returned the signed form to the counseling office, we will deliver it to Collin College. Once Collin has processed the form, you will be able to register and pay for next semester’s course. The deadline for registration and payment is January 4th. DO NOT WAIT TO TURN IN YOUR FORM. The sooner you turn in the form, the sooner you may register.
**If you are a senior and not currently taking a dual enrollment course but would like to register for Government for the spring semester, please see Ms. Brown in Counseling for registration forms. Government is the only open course at this time. (Economics is closed.)
2018 COLORGUARD AUDITIONS :
We are currently looking for 9th-12th grade boys and girls who are interested in joining Colorguard for the 2018 competition season. We
will teach you everything you need to know.
November: 13, 15, 17, 27, & 29
5:00pm – 6:30 pm
5:00pm – 8:00pm
Clark High School Band Hall
Canned Food Drive
please bring canned, boxed, bagged, or bottled food items (NO GLASS) starting this week through Thursday, Nov. 30th. Bring to your 4th period class. We donate all canned goods to Plano Santas and last year we donated close to 2,000. Our goal this year is $3000!!! LET’S DO THIS! If you have any questions, email Meredith.Walraven@pisd.edu.
CALLING ALL SENIORS!
Updated Class Rank and GPA – the Initial Senior Rank – IS NOW AVAILABLE in the Registrar’s Office. YOU MUST HAVE A PICTURE ID!!! Please don’t come during class time – even if you don’t have a class. Thank you.
How do you manipulate pets and parents? What makes people tick? How can you probe the mind of a serial killer? Come join the Psychology Club!! Meets after school on Thursdays in Room A123!!! (No pre-requisite to join.)
PSHS FASHION CLUB
We are Plano Senior’s first fashion club on campus and sponsored by FIDM in California! We do a lot of group activities such as learning new fashion techniques, field trips, and much more. Be sure to tell your friends! Meetings are every Wednesday at 4:30 in B209!
NON CURRICULAR CLUBS:
GSA – GENDER SEXUALITY ALLIANCE
meets every Tuesday from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm in Room A126.
GLOBAL GATHERINGS CLUB
Global Gatherings is a new club with an international focus embracing all cultures, faiths, and languages. Bring your lunch to B242 to join us for our meeting Friday, Nov. 10th during both lunches.
PISD STADIUM RULES:
PLEASE adhere to the following rules when attending games at all Plano ISD Stadiums.
1. Spectators may not enter the stadium with backpacks or duffle bags. Staff and security personnel, at their sole discretion, may determine what constitutes a prohibited backpack or duffle bag.
2. Bags, purses and packages carried by spectators will be opened and inspected by security personnel or staff prior to entry into the stadium.
3. Alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink items, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited.
4. Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into the stadium.
5. Persons in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags and/or packages will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without refund.
6. Body painting, other than on the face area, is not allowed.
7. Masks and other face coverings are prohibited.
8. All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others.
9. Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
10. Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
11. Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
12. Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
13. Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.
PLANO’S CLOSET MEMBERS:
Friendly reminder that our meeting is Thursday, Oct. 5th, after school in Room A117. We will have a brief meeting followed by donation sorting. See you then!!!
SAVE THE DATE!
PSHS International Holiday Potluck Dinner is on Wed., Nov. 29th at 6:30pm – 9:00pm. Bring your favorite food to share. We will meet in the Cafeteria. If you have any questions email Laura Caffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLANO SENIOR HIGH SWIM & DIVE FUNDRAISER:
We have partnered with REV Car Wash to help bring in funds for our program! When you visit a location use OUR CODE: 1357, and 10% of your sale will go directly to us! Just enter the code at the bottom left side of the screen when making your payment.
Visit one of these four locations:
PLANO – 2905 Custer Road, Plano, TX 75075
ROWLETT - 2600 Lakeview Pkwy, Rowlett, TX 75088
GARLAND – 226 W. Centerville Rd., Garland, TX 75041
KATY – 6020 N. Fry Road, Katy, TX 77449