Plano ISD Early Childhood Programs
2019-2020 Early Childhood Registration Early Childhood Application
Aplicación para Pre-Kindergarten
Registration for the 2019-2020 school year will be held on July 24 and 25, 2019 from 9 -11 AM and 1 - 3 PM at the 3 Early Childhood Schools. Check school finder to discover which school is assigned to your home address.
2019-2020 Tuition Supported Half-Day Pre-K Registration Tuition Supported Half-Day Pre-K Application
Applications for the 2019-2020 school year are now being accepted.
About Early Childhood Education in Plano ISD
The Plano ISD Early Childhood Schools provide a language and literacy enriched environment where children have hands-on opportunities for learning. The Plano ISD Early Childhood Schools provide a language and literacy enriched environment where children have hands-on opportunities for learning. Our child-centered program follows the developmentally appropriate practices outlined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
The curriculum framework follows the Texas Prekindergarten Curriculum Guidelines and provides an instructional program that is vertically aligned with the Kindergarten Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.
State and Federal Programs
Prekindergarten is a state-mandated half-day program that serves children who are four years of age on or before September 1. Students may attend this program free of charge if they meet any of the following criteria:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student who is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program);
- is homeless;
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States;
- is the child of a member of the armed forces who was injured or killed while on active duty;
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
For more information, please refer to the Texas Education Agency website: TEA PK Eligibility
If you live in east Plano, call (469) 752-3484.
If you live in central Plano, call (469) 752-4303.
If you live in west Plano, call (469) 752-4202.
Preschool Program for Children w/ Disabilities
PPCD is a special education program that serves children between the ages of three to five who have delays in the areas of speech, language, physical, social and/or emotional development. Bilingual (Spanish) classrooms are provided when necessary. The amount of time and type of services provided are determined by an Individual Education Program (IEP) committee. Eligible students attend this program at no cost to the family. Students are eligible for services on their third birthday.
- If you live in east Plano, call the campus assessment team at (469) 752-6587.
- If you live in central Plano, call the campus assessment team at (469) 752-4326.
- If you live in west Plano, call the campus assessment team at (469) 752-4226.