Lifelong Learner Traits
The students of Plano ISD will be
Self-directed learners who:
- accept and seek new challenges in learning.
- identify purpose, define courses of action and follow through with a plan.
- apply prior knowledge and processes to construct new knowledge.
- access and utilize information from a variety of sources.
Effective communicators who:
- express themselves clearly and concisely.
- listen attentively, receive, interpret and respond to communication.
Complex thinkers who:
- demonstrate creative thought.
- construct meaning, solve problems, make and evaluate decisions using a variety of thinking strategies.
Quality producers who:
- evaluate and adjust work to reflect best effort.
- persevere to create products which achieve intended purposes.
Responsible citizens who:
- demonstrate respect and concern for self and others.
- assume responsibility for own actions.
- understand and participate in the democratic process.
- demonstrate sensitivity to cultural and individual differences.
- cooperate with others.
Collaborative contributors who:
- work with others, acknowledge and contribute ideas, suggestions and effort.
- demonstrate the qualities of positive leadership.