Career and Technical Education Board Citizen Advisory Committee
The committee shall consist of a minimum of 15 members. The term of a committee member is a minimum of two years and the committee shall be composed of representatives of:
- the general public, business, industry, and labor;
- one member knowledgeable of at-risk students;
- one member representing parents of program participants; and
- at least one representative from each career education program area offered in the District.
The Board shall direct the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Board Citizen Advisory Committee to study specific areas relevant to the committee. All committee functions are advisory in nature. The committee may make recommendations and offer advice, but they shall not be asked to make final decisions nor allocate District resources. Advisory committee reports will be provided to the Board on an annual basis or when the committee’s work has been completed. The committee’s recommendations, either budgetary or programmatic, will be referred by the Board to the Superintendent for study and for incorporation into the District improvement plan and budget where appropriate.
Goals for 2022 - 2023
The Board of Trustees will approve committee goals in the fall.
Meetings for 2022 - 2023
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Career and Technical Education Board Citizen Advisory Committee Members
Chair: Dr. Kristyn Edney, Executive Director for Counseling, College, Career, and Military Readiness
Staff Liaison: Karen Buechman, CTE Director
Jad Bazian (student)