Career and Technical Education
The committee shall consist of no less than 15 members. Members shall serve three-year terms with one-third of the membership appointed each year. The committee shall be composed of representatives of the general public, business, industry and labor with one member knowledgeable of at-risk students, one member representing parents of program participants, and at least one representative from each Career and Technical Education program area offered in the district.
The Career and Technical Education Advisory Committee will advise the board concerning programs which provide students career pathways and skills necessary to pursue a career. The committee may study the advisability of adding, deleting and changing various programs based on the needs of the community and student body of the district. The board of trustees or superintendent may direct the committee to study and make recommendations on specific issues. [19 TAC 78.2(b)]
- Explore opportunities to provide appropriate career pathways and community support for students with disabilities.
- Identify opportunities and best practices to teach coding from K-12.
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 — 5:15 - 7:00 p.m., Admin Center, Room 311
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 — 5:15 - 7:00 p.m., Admin Center, Room 309 (CDC)
- Monday, February 12, 2018 — 5:15 - 7:00 p.m., Admin Center, Room 311
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018 — 5:15 - 7:00 p.m., Admin Center, Room 311