Career and Technical Education, Board Advisory Committee
The committee shall consist of no less than 15 members. Members shall serve three-year terms with one-third of the membership appointed each year. The committee shall be composed of representatives of the general public, business, industry and labor with one member knowledgeable of at-risk students, one member representing parents of program participants, and at least one representative from each Career and Technical Education program area offered in the district.
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Advisory Committee will advise the board concerning programs which provide students career pathways and skills necessary to pursue a career. The committee may study the advisability of adding, deleting and changing various programs based on the needs of the community and student body of the district. The board of trustees or superintendent may direct the committee to study and make recommendations on specific issues. [19 TAC 78.2(b)]
- Review current CTE programs of study and determine if any additional high wage/high demand pathways are needed.
- Continue to add industry-based certifications to support student goals in becoming life ready.
- Enhance marketing efforts for the Plano ISD Industries Academy at the Collin College Technical campus to increase Plano ISD enrollment.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Wednesday, February 17, 2021
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Virtual meetings will be held from 5:15 - 7 p.m.
Career and Technical Education Advisory Committee Members
2020-21 Committee Members / *Plano ISD staff
Jad Bazian (student)
Karen Buechman (staff liaison)
Shaurya Dwivedi (student)
Alvin Tang (student)
Araceli Wilk (student)