Career and Technical Education Board Advisory Committee
The committee shall consist of no less than 15 members. Members shall serve three-year terms with one-third of the membership appointed each year. The committee shall be composed of representatives of the general public, business, industry and labor with one member knowledgeable of at-risk students, one member representing parents of program participants, and at least one representative from each Career and Technical Education program area offered in the district.
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Advisory Committee will advise the board concerning programs which provide students career pathways and skills necessary to pursue a career. The committee may study the advisability of adding, deleting and changing various programs based on the needs of the community and student body of the district. The board of trustees or superintendent may direct the committee to study and make recommendations on specific issues. [19 TAC 78.2(b)]
- Explore ways to improve the process of informing middle school students and parents, prior to the spring semester of 8th grade, of the opportunities for course selection and career pathways in CTE.
- Review of current CTE pathways in light of new TEA Programs of Study requirements.
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Meetings will be held from 5:15 - 7 p.m.
Career and Technical Education Advisory Committee Members
2019-20 Committee Members / *Plano ISD staff
Karen Buechman* (staff liaison)