Diversity, Board Advisory Committee
The committee shall consist of a minimum of 15 members. Members shall serve three-year terms with one-third of the membership appointed each year. The committee membership shall represent, to the extent possible, the diversity of the Plano school community and staff. The committee members shall focus their attention on any Plano ISD program or current issue regarding race, religion, ethnicity or disability-related situation.
The committee may study the advisability of adding, deleting and changing various programs based on the needs of the community and student body of the district. The board or superintendent may direct the committee to study and make recommendations on specific issues. The committee will report directly to the board since the issues addressed do not usually fall within the purview of the District Based Improvement Committee.
- Conduct an equity audit for students, parents and staff. (Dec 2020)
- Create a director position to oversee diversity, equity, and inclusion work. (Jan 2021)
- Propose professional learning for all staff on cultural responsiveness. (March 2021)
- Develop strategic plan for diversity, equity and inclusion. (May 2021)
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Virtual meetings will be held from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Diversity Advisory Committee Members
2020-21 Committee Members / *Plano ISD staff
Tawn King* (staff liaison)
Brian Lyons* (staff liaison)
Jenna Muns Maynard
Imam Azhar Subeda