Diversity Board Advisory Committee
The committee shall consist of a minimum of 15 members. Members shall serve three-year terms with one-third of the membership appointed each year. The committee membership shall represent, to the extent possible, the diversity of the Plano school community and staff. The committee members shall focus their attention on any Plano ISD program or current issue regarding race, religion, ethnicity or disability-related situation.
The committee may study the advisability of adding, deleting and changing various programs based on the needs of the community and student body of the district. The board or superintendent may direct the committee to study and make recommendations on specific issues. The committee will report directly to the board since the issues addressed do not usually fall within the purview of the District Based Improvement Committee.
Review and assist with the development of additional learning opportunities to support cultural proficiency for all employees.
- Gather information from corporate and community partners on best practices in diversity and inclusion training.
- Review training timeline and make recommendations for follow-up and ongoing learning opportunities.
- Participate in, and give feedback on, follow-up activities and extension exercises.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Meetings will be held from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
Diversity Advisory Committee Members
2019-20 Committee Members / *Plano ISD staff
Judith Ben (student)
Tawn King* (staff liaison)
Jenna Muns Maynard
Imam Azhar Subeda
Dollie Thomas* (staff liaison)
Amasria Tisdell (student)