Gifted and Talented (PACE) Board Advisory Committee
The committee shall consist of no less than 15 members, and they shall serve three-year terms with one-third of the membership appointed each year. The committee shall be composed of parents, community members and staff. Members of the committee shall be asked to study and make recommendations concerning the various components of the gifted and talented program.
The committee will focus on district equity, the relationship among the programs, and the unique needs of each program. The committee may study the advisability of adding, deleting and changing various programs based on the needs of the community and student body of the district. The board of trustees or superintendent may direct the committee to study and make recommendations on specific issues.
- Consider ways to broaden and strengthen gifted services at the middle school level, including parent input on stress level of students during the transition from middle school to high school.
- Examine the following sections of the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented Students: Service Design, Curriculum and Instruction, and Family/Community Involvement to evaluate the extent to which Plano ISD Gifted Services meets the accountability and/or exemplary standards.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020
All meetings will be held from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Gifted and Talented (PACE) Advisory Committee Members
2019-20 Committee Members / *Plano ISD staff
Cathie Stanford Alexander
Dr. Rhonda Davis* (staff liaison)
Benjamin "Scott" Driggs
Jianing "Jenny" He