Plano ISD employees, PTAs and student organizations may submit news and photos to the Plano ISD Communications Department for consideration in district publications and to provide to local news media sources. Mass media outlets should also contact the communications department for media inquiries or interview requests.
Press Releases for News Media
Executive Director for Communications
Securing Publicity Release
Photos submitted to the Plano ISD Communications Department may be published in a variety of newsletters, both hard copy and electronic format, and they may be submitted to local news media sources for publication. It is imperative that a "Publications, Video, Internet Consent and Release Agreement" is on file at the school for all photos considered for these publications. Parents/guardians are able to provide publication release through selections on parent portal. If permission is not on file in the school office, contact the communications office for a special use publicity release form at (469) 752-8150.
District Social Media
Taylor Phillips, Social Media and Community Engagement Specialist
Social media posts are considered from the across the district and individual school campuses and may include:
- Student and staff achievements
- News from the Board of Trustees
- Special events regarding the district, students, staff or school community
- News about the district and individual campus' activities, projects or programs
- Much more
District Publications: eNews and our Employee Newsletter - District Digest
Debby Hayward, Publications & Website Specialist
Plano ISD Communications Department
2700 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075
Fax (469) 752-8096
District eNews is distributed via email to parents, students, staff and community members bimonthly. Anyone who subscribes to the publication can receive eNews. The employee newsletter, District Digest, is distributed via email to all staff monthly during the school year (excluding holiday weeks). News included in these publications include:
- News from the District and Board of Trustees
- Program deadlines or enrollment such as applications for the Academy Programs of Plano
- Innovative programs
- Employee Notable Notes (marriages, births, deaths ) in District Digest only
- Professional presentations / appointments
- Special events
- Staff and student achievements
- Much more
Tips for Taking Photos
- Remember that only students with publication permissions can be photographed. Check student permissions before sending photos for publication, including publication on social media.
- Set your digital cameras to a high quality setting. The bigger the photo file the better.
- Concentrate on faces and action, but avoid using the "zoom" on cell phones. Cell phone "zoom" lowers the quality of the photo. Instead of using the zoom, please move closer to the action if you can.
- Hold the camera steady for clearest results and less chance for blurring and keep the horizon level.
- Preview your photos on the spot to ensure that angles work, lighting is sufficient and eyes are open. And take several of the same shot for a better chance of getting a great photo.
- Use a flash when appropriate.
- Try to shoot most of your photos horizontally, capturing more action. (With wide screen TV's and computers, there are more uses for horizontal photos).
- When emailing or texting digital photos - email/text your images at the largest file size available to preserve quality. Please do not send them in a Word, PowerPoint or pdf document. We would like the original photo. Note that photos from mobile devices are automatically downsized unless you specify the size when sending, so please choose the largest size available.
- Include information about the photo - names with titles, school names, dates and event name. Please list the names of the people in the photo - from left to right and include any other information to be emphasized in the published photo caption or news story.
- Take a lot of photos! The more you take, the more great photos you will have to choose from.