The Plano ISD Sockwell Center is used primarily for in-district training and professional development and is also available for rental by non-district organizations for educational instruction only. Our spacious and versatile auditorium accommodates workshops as well as theater-style conferences.
If you are interested in holding a meeting or training session at the Sockwell Center, please e-mail - email@example.com or call (469)752-4753.
Ranging in capacity from 20-500 people
Workshop and theater configurations
5600 sq. ft. auditorium (includes 1/2 and 1/4 area set-ups)
- Full auditorium set-up accommodates up to 500 people
- 1/2 auditorium set-up accommodates up to 125 people
- 1/4 auditorium set-up accommodates up to 50 people
- Meeting rooms averaging 25' X 25'
- Two computer labs with 30 Windows workstations
- Xirrus Wi-Fi Arrays – Strategically located throughout the center, providing lightning Internet speed for laptops, iPhone, iPads and other mobile devices.
- IP Phones – In every room, providing crisp communications for internal and external calls.
- Auditorium – Features Epson high definition projectors, projecting onto 9 x 12 motorized screens. Integrated lecturns with Crestron touchscreen panels to select sources such as visual imaging devices, laptops, lighting, and volume.
- Brazos & Frio Rooms Computer Labs – Each lab has 31 workstations running the latest Windows operating system, Epson projectors, classroom audio distribution systems, document cameras, and printers.
- Business Center – Features workstations for e-mail, scanning, copying, printing and faxing.
- Beverage service
- Refreshment areas
Contact UsPlano ISD Sockwell Center
6301 Chapel Hill Blvd
Plano, Texas 75093
Cathy Curry, Office Manager
Larry Brown, Technology Facilitator
Wynelle Meskimen, Receptionist