The Plano ISD Sockwell Center is used primarily for in-district training and professional development and is also available for rental by non-district organizations for educational instruction only. Our spacious and versatile auditorium accommodates workshops as well as theater-style conferences. We have networked PC labs and video conferencing capability.
If you are interested in holding a meeting or training session at the Sockwell Center, please e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org or call (469)752-4752.
Ranging in capacity from 20-500 people
Workshop and Theater configurations
5600 sq. ft. auditorium (includes 1/2 and 1/4 area set-ups)
- Full auditorium set-up accommodates up to 500 people
- 1/2 auditorium set-up accommodates up to 125 people
- 1/4 auditorium set-up accommodates up to 50 people
- Meeting rooms averaging 25' X 25'
- Three computer labs (30 desktops) with multi-media capabilities
- Xirrus Wi-Fi Arrays – Strategically located throughout the center, providing lightning Internet speed for laptops, iPhone, iPads and other wireless devices.
- IP Phones – In every room, providing crisp communications for internal and external calls.
- Trinity Video Conference Room – Features state of the art Tandberg 6000 VCS, with the following appendages: Benq Hi-Definition projectors, Sony and Tandberg Hi-Definition cameras, AMX Net-Link 3100 controller with touchscreen.
- Austin Auditorium – Features BenQ Hi-Def projector, projecting onto a 9 x 12 Hi-Def screen. AMX touchscreen panels to select sources such as visual imaging devices, laptops, lighting, and volume.
- Brazos, Pecos, & Frio Rooms' Computer Labs – 31 desktops per lab with an “Instructor Machine” running Windows 7 and the full Office 2010 suite. All workstations have e-mail accounts and printing capabilities.
- Business Center – Features workstations great for retrieving e-mail, also scanning, copying and printing capabilities are at your fingertips. Digital faxing is done through the workstations using the Scan/Fax program in Windows 7.
- Beverage service
- Refreshment areas
Contact UsPlano ISD Sockwell Center
6301 Chapel Hill Blvd
Plano, Texas 75093
Cathy Curry, Office Manager
Larry Brown, Technology Facilitator
Wynelle Meskimen, Receptionist