How to start a new club at Plano East Senior High School
Plano East Philosophy on clubs and activities:
At Plano East, we feel that part of the public school experience is for each student to have a group of students and activates that support the academic portion of school. We at Plano East value and encourage students to be part of school organizations and clubs. If a student has an interest in an area they currently do not see an organization or club, we invite them to start a new club. Below is information about the types of clubs we have at Plano East and how to start a new one.
There are two types of clubs for students at Plano East.
- Curricular Clubs which are linked to a specific curricular content. These clubs stay current each year.
- Non-Curricular Clubs which are student initiated and driven. These clubs start over each year due to they are driven by the interest of our current student body.
Steps to Starting a Club:
- When students have an interest to start a club, the first step is to identify a sponsor who will sponsor the club.
- The sponsor will work with Mr. Eppler to determine if the club falls in the curricular club or non-curricular club category.
- Depending on what category of club, either the teacher (if a curricular club) or the student (if non-curricular) will start the on-line process to form the club.
- Clubs cannot begin meeting until all paperwork is approved. An email will be sent to the sponsor and student when the club is official and can start meeting.
**Clubs for each new school year cannot begin forming until the first day of school!**
Link for students to start non-curricular clubs:
Students please be advised, you must use your PISD issued email when starting a club.
If you have any questions about the process, please speak with your prospective sponsor or Mr. Eppler at Robert.Eppler@pisd.edu