• Barron Elementary School front entrance

  • Campus Information

    Administrative Intern: Maria Gallastegui

    Counselors:

    Pam Maltsberger

    Veronica Carreno 

    School Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.

    Enrollment: 465

    School Colors: Crimson, gold and black

    Mascot: Bigcats

    Motto: Inspiring young minds, one paw print at a time.

    Year Opened: 2002

    Feeder Schools:

  • Placeholder image for principal

  • Tricia Lancaster
    Principal

  • Contact Campus

    Phone: (469) 752-0200
    Fax: (469) 752-0201
    Address: 
    3300 Avenue P
    Plano, TX 75074

  • Campus ProgramsAVID Elementary, Bilingual classes; English for Speakers of other Languages (ESL); Inclusive Special Education; speech therapy; portfolio assessment (kindergarten - second grade); Plano Academic Creative Education (PACE) for identified gifted and talented students; Collin County Adventure camp (fifth-grade); science lab; science fair; field day; PASAR (after-school childcare); art; music; physical fitness; fine arts field trips; Rite Flight Reading program; Title I literacy, math, and science support; Instructional Specialist support; technology in every classroom; family nights; Campus Assessment and Referral Team (CMIT); Red Ribbon week activities; College/Career week activities; and universal breakfast.

    Parent Involvement OpportunitiesParent/Teacher Association (PTA); room parent; School-Based Improvement Committee (SBIC); family nights; Key Communicators; Technology Bus for parent education; and family education classes.

    Community/Business PartnershipsCapital One; Collin Creek Church; Community Unitarian Universalist Church; IAAP Plano Chapter; Plano Retired Teachers Association; Plano West Rotary Club; and Republic Title of Texas.

  • History of Barron 

    Barron Elementary School has a rich history in Plano ISD. Barron was opened as an elementary school in 1971 and was named for James M. Barron. James M. Barron served on the first Plano School Board from 1899-1903 and before that served on the Plano City Council in 1891. It was during his tenure on the City Council that Ordinance 84 was passed by the citizens where by the City Council would act as a “board of directors” of the school system. J. M. Barron was named, among others, to be an ex-officio member of the school board. At this time the City of Plano was declared to be an independent school district. Mr. Barron was married to Virginia Routh.