The Plano ISD is committed to the well-being of our employees. A wide variety of wellness resources are available to support you as a PISD employee.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP is a confidential, free service available to full-time employees, designed to support you and your family even if you are not enrolled in any other benefit plans with us. In addition to free counseling services, the EAP can provide a wide variety of resources and referrals.
- Confidential emotional support - trained clinicians can help you with anxiety, depression, grief, life adjustments, relationships, family concerns
- Work-Life solutions - specialists can help with just about anything on your to-do list, such as finding child and elder care, hiring movers or home repair contractors, planning events, locating pet care, travel research, looking into community services
- Legal guidance - talk to attorneys about family law, adoption, wills, trusts, and more - get a free 30-minute consultation and a 25% reduction in fees
- Financial resources - talk to financial experts about retirement planning, taxes, relocation, mortgages, insurance, budgeting, debt, bankruptcy, and more
- Online support - GuidanceResources online is your 24/7 link to vital information and support, such as articles, podcasts, videos, on-demand trainings, and "Ask the Expert" personal responses
The aches, the throbbing head, the congestion and fever. Follow these prevention strategies from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control to stay your healthiest.
- Get stuck. A flu vaccine is your best defense against the flu. It's particularly important for those who are at high risk, including seniors, infants, pregnant women, and people with chronic conditions such as asthma or compromised immune systems. Ask your school nurse about the vaccine availability at your school.
- Wash up. Germs abound during flu season, and they're easily passed from one person to another. Wash your hands often with soap and warm water, cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough, and try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay home. If you're feeling sick, take time off to get better and avoid spreading the virus to co-workers, friends, and family. Keep sick kids home from school, and avoid contact with people you know have the flu.
The Plano ISD has selected a company to administer flu shots for all our employees, as well as some other types of vaccinations. Each fall, on-site flu shot clinics are scheduled for each location. We are not able to provide shots to employees' family members, contracted personnel, volunteers, students, or anyone who is not a PISD employee.
Preventive Health Care
Did you know that all our medical plans cover preventive care at 100%? So it won't cost you anything to get routine wellness exams and screenings with your in-network doctor. Now is the perfect time to find a primary care physician and schedule your annual physical. Preventive exams and screenings can help you identify early warning signs of chronic conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes, and your doctor can help you address these concerns before they get out of control.
Blue Cross Blue Shield TRS-ActiveCare Plans
If you are enrolled in a BCBS medical plan, you have access to tools that can help you get healthier on your own schedule.
Virtual Health - Getting care when and where you need it is more important than ever. That's why your coverage includes TRS Virtual Health. You have access to convenient, quality medical and mental health care from home or on the go, without having to travel to a doctor's office. Your non-covered family members even have access to medical visits through TRS Virtual Health.
Talk to a Nurse - Registered nurses with the 24/7 Nurseline can help if you have a question or concern that pops up in the middle of the night or on the weekend. The phone number is on the back of your BCBS ID card.
Member Rewards - Employees enrolled in the TRS-ActiveCare Primary or Primary+ plan can take advantage of the Member Rewards program. Member Rewards uses Provider Finder to help you shop for health care services to help lower out-of-pocket costs and earn credit toward health care expenses when you choose a lower-cost, quality provider.
Family Planning Apps - If you plan to add to your family, you have help getting ready. Ovia Health will guide you step-by-step through fertility, pregnancy and parenting. All Ovia Apps include support from a registered nurse. If you have a high-risk pregnancy, you'll also get phone support from a maternity specialist.
Fitness Program - The Fitness Program includes options for in-person, online, and hybrid fitness plans to fit your budget and preferences. Plans start as low as $19 a month. You'll have access to a network of gyms all over the country - you're not limited to just one gym. Or you can choose a digital only option at $10 a month. Plus, save on wellbeing services like acupuncture, massage, and personal training. The Fitness Program also helps you earn Blue Points.
Well onTarget (WOT) - The Well onTarget website and companion AlwaysOn mobile app will help you reach your wellness goals and manage your health conditions. Complete an online Health Assessment, and you'll receive recommendations for programs that can help you get and stay healthier. One-on-one support is available by phone or secure online messaging - get help losing weight, improving your blood pressure, or quitting smoking, among other goals. Well onTarget also helps you earn Blue Points.
Blue Points - The Blue Points program can help you get on track - and stay on track - to reach your wellness goals. Earn points for regularly participating in many different healthy activities. Then redeem these points in an online shopping mall offering a wide variety of merchandise.
Blue365 - With this discount program, you may save money on health and wellness products and services from top retailers that are not covered by insurance. There are no claims to file and no referrals or preauthorizations. See all the Blue365 deals and learn more online.