Off-Campus Physical Education
Online payments through PayPams are now accepted for students applying for Off-Campus PE!
General Requirements 2017-2018
The following is a list of basic requirements that has been established by the Plano Independent School District and the Texas Education Agency. These requirements must be met and maintained to be eligible for participation in the program.
- The purpose of the program is to accommodate students who are making a serious effort to develop high level capabilities and to allow them to be involved in an off campus program that provides training exceeding that offered in the school district.
- Off-Campus physical activity programs will be approved for only those students who have been strongly recommended by qualified instructors.
- No off-campus program will be allowed if located more than twenty (20) miles from the Plano Independent School Administration Building.
- Only those students in grades six (6) through twelve (12) will be eligible for consideration for the off-campus program. No students in elementary school will be considered for the off-campus program.
- Only those students involved in the activities of ARCHERY, ART SKATING, BADMINTON, DANCE, EQUESTRIAN, FENCING, GYMNASTICS, ICE HOCKEY, ICE SKATING, LACROSSE, MARTIAL ARTS, MIDDLE SCHOOL GOLF (please contact OCPE Coordinator for golf info.), ROCK CLIMBING, ROWING, SQUASH, SWIMMING, TABLE TENNIS, TENNIS, and TRACK CYCLING will be considered.
- Students applying for Off-Campus Physical Education will be considered under two (2) categories.
- CATEGORY ONE: These programs involve a minimum of fifteen (15) hours per week of highly intense, professionally supervised training. Students qualifying at this level may be dismissed from school one period per day for such participation.
- CATEGORY TWO: These programs are to be of high quality, well supervised by appropriately trained instructors, and consisting of a minimum of ten (10) hours per week. Students certified to participate at this level MAY NOT be dismissed from any part of the regular school day.
- Please Note: Students participating in this program may receive a maximum of one half credit per semester. For students in grades 9 -12, one credit of Physical Education is required to graduate. A maximum of four credits of Physical Education can be counted towards state high school graduation requirements.
- The student must participate a minimum of four (4) days during the week (Monday through Friday) plus an additional day that may fall on either the weekend or during the week. All such participation must always be under the direct supervision of the instructor.
Please click here for the 2017-2018 Off-Campus PE Application.
- area to be completed by the student/parent
- area to be read and completed by parent/guardian and student
- area to be completed and signed by the facility instructor
- general guidelines for Off-Campus Physical Education
- Print and complete application.
- Upon completion, the application and fee are mailed to the following:
Off-Campus PE Program Coordinator
Plano Independent School District
2700 West 15th Street
Plano, TX 75075
Email Address: Susan.Hayes@pisd.edu
- After the application is reviewed, a confirmation letter to parents will be sent out. A report will be sent to all counselors listing all approved OCPE students. At that time the counselors will put OCPE on the student’s schedule.
- Off-campus physical education will not be on student's schedule until approval from the Secondary Academic Services.
- Parents and students need to confirm that OCPE is on the student’s schedule at the beginning of each semester and the student is receiving a grade for each six weeks.
- OCPE will not show up on schedules for middle school students enrolled in Category 2. If you have any questions please check with your school counselor.
- OCPE will not show up on schedules for students enrolled in Category 2. The grade will be posted to the student's transcript at the end of each semester enrolled. If you have any questions, please check with your school counselor.
- A new OCPE application must be submitted each school year.
THE ENROLLMENT FEE OF $125.00 PER SEMESTER IS IN EFFECT UNLESS A SINGLE PAYMENT OF $200.00 IS MADE FOR BOTH SEMESTERS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR. SPLIT PAYMENTS OF $125.00 AT THE BEGINNING AND $75.00 LATER ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. IF A STUDENT DROPS OCPE, A NON-REFUNDABLE $50.00 FEE will be subtracted from your original payment for one/both semesters in the event of a refund. NO STUDENT WILL BE ENROLLED WITHOUT PAYMENT. CHECKS ARE MADE PAYABLE TO PLANO ISD. Mail completed application and fee to Susan Hayes, Coordinator Off-Campus Physical Education, Plano ISD, 2700 West 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075.
You can make your OCPE payment via VISA, MC or Discover through PayPAMS. Once you have made your PayPAMS payment and have a confirmation number to include, you may fax your application to Susan Hayes at 469-752-8031.