Off-Campus Physical Education
The purpose of the program is to accommodate students who are making a serious effort to develop high level capabilities and to allow them to be involved in an off campus program that provides training exceeding that offered in the school district.
Please note 2022-2023 Changes
- We are making some changes to the current OCPE offerings beginning the Fall semester of the 2022-2023 school year. To ensure we are aligned with the current Plano ISD policy, EIF (Regulation), we will no longer approve any UIL sport/activity that is offered to grades 9-12 High School and/or Senior High students; this currently includes golf, swimming, and tennis.
- We want to honor those high school students who have utilized this option and are currently enrolled in grades 9-11. As a result, we will grandfather students entering grades 10-12 for the 2022-2023 school year and allow them to enroll in OCPE for golf, swimming, and tennis. Students entering 9th grade in the 2022-23 school year will not be allowed to enroll in OCPE for golf, swimming, or tennis.
- Applications for the 2022-2023 school year will be accepted from March 29, 2022- August 24, 2022. Please check back on our website for the 2022-2023 application on March 29, 2022.
The following is a list of basic requirements that has been established by the Plano Independent School District and the Texas Education Agency. These requirements must be met and maintained to be eligible for participation in the program.
- Off-Campus physical activity programs will be approved for only those students who have been strongly recommended by qualified instructors.
- No off-campus program will be allowed if located more than twenty (20) miles from the Plano Independent School Administration Building.
- Only those students in grades six (6) through twelve (12) will be eligible for consideration for the off-campus program. No students in elementary school will be considered for the off-campus program.
Approved sports/activities for students in grades 6-8:
Academy Soccer, Archery, Badminton, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Ice Skating, Lacrosse, Mixed Martial Arts, Rock Climbing, Rowing, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, and Track Cycling.
Approved sports/activities for students in grades 9-12:
Archery, Badminton, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Ice Skating, Lacrosse, Mixed Martial Arts, Rock Climbing, Rowing, Table Tennis, and Track Cycling.
Per policy EIF (Regulation), Plano ISD will not offer OCPE credit for sports/activities that are offered within Plano ISD UIL competitive athletic programs in grades 9-12
Students applying for Off-Campus Physical Education will be considered under two (2) categories.
- CATEGORY ONE: These programs involve a minimum of fifteen (15) hours per week of highly intense, professionally supervised training. Students qualifying at this level will be dismissed from school one period per day for such participation.
- CATEGORY TWO: These programs are to be of high quality, well supervised by appropriately trained instructors, and consisting of a minimum of ten (10) hours per week. Students certified to participate at this level MAY NOT be dismissed from any part of the regular school day.
- Please Note: Students participating in this program may receive a maximum of one half credit per semester. For students in grades 9 -12, one credit of Physical Education is required to graduate. A maximum of four credits of Physical Education can be counted towards state high school graduation requirements.
- The student must participate a minimum of four (4) days during the week (Monday through Friday) plus an additional day that may fall on either the weekend or during the week. All such participation must always be under the direct supervision of the instructor.
2021-2022 Off-Campus PE Application
(Please complete electronically before printing)
- area to be completed by the student/parent
- area to be read and completed by parent/guardian and student
- area to be completed and signed by the facility instructor
- general guidelines for Off-Campus Physical Education
A new OCPE application must be submitted each school year.
The deadline for the 2022 spring semester is January 19, 2022.
*Siblings enrolled in OCPE only require one payment
- $125.00 per semester
- $200.00 for both semesters at the beginning of the year
- Split Payment of $125.00 at the beginning and $75.00 later are not accepted
NO STUDENT WILL BE ENROLLED WITHOUT PAYMENT.
If a student drops OCPE, a non-refundable $50.00 fee will be subtracted from your original payment for one/both semesters in the event of a refund.
Payments can only be made via Rycor until further notice. If you cannot pay via Rycor you can wait to submit your application until other options are available at a later date. Payments must be made at time of application submission. We will accept applications for Fall semester of the 2021-2022 school year until August 25th, 2021.
You can make your OCPE payment via VISA, MC or Discover through Rycor. Once you have made your Rycor payment and have a confirmation number to include, you may email your application to Molly Pipak at email@example.com.
- $125.00 per semester
Submissions may only be made electronically at this time.
Submit by completing Google Form
- Pay for OCPE through Rycor.
After the application is reviewed, a confirmation email to parents will be sent out. A report will be sent to all counselors listing all approved OCPE students. At that time the counselors will put OCPE on the student’s schedule.
- Off-campus physical education will not be on student's schedule until approval from the Secondary Academic Services.
- Parents and students need to confirm that OCPE is on the student’s schedule at the beginning of each semester and the student is receiving a grade for each nine weeks.
- OCPE will not show up on schedules for students enrolled in Category 2. The grade will be posted to the student's transcript at the end of each semester enrolled. If you have any questions, please check with your school counselor.