Plano ISD school counselors empower students to become resilient individuals who contribute to a diverse and ever-changing world.
Advocate, support and create a continuum of learning in social-emotional development, college, career and military readiness, and academic success for ALL students.
As school counselors, we commit to:
- Advocating for students and empowering them to advocate for themselves to facilitate student success.
- Providing a supportive school atmosphere where all students are emotionally, physically and intellectually safe.
- Educating stakeholders about the role of the School Counselor and demonstrating the value of a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Implementing a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program that involves and reflects the needs of the school community.
We actively work towards making a positive impact on student success in the following areas:
- College and career planning and readiness
We work with campuses to set annual goals that support these areas.