PlanoISD School Social Workers
PlanoISD School Social Workers are committed to empowering and supporting students, families, schools and communities by identifying factors and barriers to learning that affect student and family functioning, so that all students can realize their full potential and personal value.
As Social Workers:
- We believe all people should be treated in a way that respects and values their individuality, dignity, and self-worth.
- We support overcoming institutional barriers for the equitable treatment of all individuals.
- We believe it is necessary to practice the standards and values of the Social Work profession with integrity and in an ethical manner, in order to facilitate change that effectively responds to the needs of all students and families.
School Social Workers serve all campuses in Plano ISD, working closely with counselors, administrators, teachers, parents, students, and the community.
Social Work services include:
- Individual mental health therapy
- Intense family case management and support
- Referrals to community agencies
- Staff consultation and collaboration
- Staff mental health training
- Home visits
- Trauma support
Students and families can be referred to a School Social Worker through a campus School Counselor or Administrator. Please contact your campus School Counselor for more information.
Campus School Social Worker Search
Social Work Internship Opportunities
Interested in a School Social Work internship with PISD?
Please complete the form below if you are a BSW or MSW student and are interested in completing a Social Work internship with Plano ISD. Interested applicants must complete this form, upload the required documents (resume and letter of interest), and interview with a panel of current PISD School Social Workers.
Please email Nancy Avery with any questions.