SMU Center for Family Counseling
Plano ISD and Southern Methodist University (SMU) have joined together to provide counseling services to Plano ISD staff, students and their families.
To deliver developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive services to all clients.
- Plano ISD staff, students and their families are eligible for services.
- Counseling services are provided on a sliding fee scale ($5-45 per session) based on income.
- Services are supervised by SMU full-time and adjunct faculty and provided by SMU counseling practicum and internship students.
- Services available:
- Play therapy for children
- Activity therapy for adolescents
- Couples' and families' therapy for anxiety, depression, behavior difficulties (e.g., opposition defiance, aggression), grief and loss, peer relationships, stress, trauma and parenting
*Tele-Health Services Available