Plano ISD District-Based Improvement Committee
Purpose/Role of the District-Based Improvement Committee
- Establish and review the District’s and campuses’ educational plans, goals, performance objectives, and major classroom instructional programs.
- Advise the Board or its designee in establishing and reviewing the District’s educational goals, objectives, and major Districtwide classroom instructional programs.
- Approve staff development of a Districtwide nature.
- Assist in the development of the District improvement plan which must include provisions for:
- A comprehensive needs assessment addressing District student performance on the academic excellence indicators and other appropriate measure of performance
- Measurable district performance objectives for all appropriate academic excellence indicators for all student populations, appropriate objectives for special needs populations, and other measures of student performance that may be identified through the comprehensive needs assessment.
- Strategies for improvement of student performance that include:
- Instructional methods for addressing the needs of student groups not achieving their full potential.
- Methods for addressing the needs of students in special programs, such as suicide prevention, conflict resolution, violence prevention, or dyslexia treatment programs.
- Dropout reduction
- Integration of technology in instructional and administrative programs.
- Discipline management
- Staff development for professional staff of the District
- Career education to assist students in developing the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary for a broad range of career opportunities
- Accelerated education
- Resources needed to implement identified strategies
- Staff responsible for ensuring the accomplishment of each strategy.
- Formative evaluation for determining periodically whether strategies are resulting in intended improvement of student performance.
- Review and approval of schools requests for waivers of state law or District policies.
Plano ISD District Based Improvement Plan