The Board of Trustees participates in a variety of meetings. While these meetings are open to the public (with the exception of Closed Sessions), these are not meetings of the public. The purpose of the meetings is to conduct District business and provide the members of the Board an opportunity to discuss issues with each other and with staff.
Written notice of the date, hour, place, and subject of all meetings are distributed at least 72 hours before the scheduled time of the meeting on a bulletin board at the front door of the Administration Building, on the District's Internet website, and to any news media that has requested it, as required by law. Notices are also available in the Superintendent's Office, the Communications Department, and on cable channel A-31. Additionally, agendas, including attachments, are available in the Superintendent's Office. For archived meeting minutes not found on the District's website, please contact the Superintendent's Office at (469) 752-8122 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
2018 - 2019 Board Meeting Schedule
Regular Board Meetings
7:00 p.m. in the First Floor Board Room of the Plano ISD Administration Center located at 2700 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075
- August 7
- September 4
- October 2
- November 6
- December 11
- January 15
- February 5
- March 5
- April 9
- May 7
- May 21
- June 11
Work Session Meetings
6:00 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) in the First Floor Board Room of the Plano ISD Administration Center located at 2700 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075
Special Called Meetings
First Floor Board Room (unless otherwise noted) of the Plano ISD Administration Building located at 2700 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075
Board Meeting Types
The following definitions clarify the various types of Board Meetings that may be conducted:
- Regular Meeting - Regular Board Meetings shall normally be held on the first Tuesday of each month, unless otherwise posted. When included on the meeting notice, District business is conducted during Board Meetings and public input may be solicited.
- Work Session - Work Sessions of the Board shall normally be held on the third Tuesday of each month, unless otherwise posted. Reports are provided to the Board during Work Sessions and information is discussed. Board action may be taken if necessary and when included on the notice.
- Special Meeting - The Board President shall call Special Meetings at the Board President's discretion or on request by two members of the Board, as necessary. Action may be taken with proper notice.
- Emergency Meeting - The Board President shall call an emergency meeting when it is determined that an emergency or urgent public necessity, as defined by law, warrants the meeting. Notice of the meeting must be given at least two hours before the meeting is convened. Action may be taken with proper notice.
- Closed Session - Notice of all meetings shall provide for the possibility of a Closed Session during an Open Meeting, in accordance with law. The Board may conduct a Closed Session when the agenda subject is one that may properly be discussed in Closed Session.
- Public Forum - A Public Forum is a meeting to listen to public input. A forum may address a specific topic or may be a general information session to receive public input. This meeting may be held at individual schools or in the community. No action may be taken.
- Retreat - A Retreat is a planning meeting between Board Members and staff which could include a training session for Board Members. No action may be taken.