PASAR Frequently Asked Questions
Refer to the PASAR Authorization for Pickup page for complete instructions.
If you have an older child between the ages of 13-18 years, you may authorize the child to pick up your student from PASAR you must print and complete the under 18 pick up form. After the form is notarized, turn the original in to your PASAR Site Manager.
PASAR offers a Drop-In Plan. The Drop-In Plan requires a $150 deposit per student, which is due prior to the student's start date as entered online by the parent at time of enrollment. Registration through the parent portal is required for the Drop-In Plan.
Income Tax Information
- Check with your tax preparer for tax filing deductions.
- Obtain the amount paid from PASAR statements, your credit card statements, and/or bank statements for your backup.
- Child Care Provider: Plano ISD/PASAR, 2700 West 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075.
- Plano ISD Tax ID for after school care is 75-6002252.
- PASAR Finance Office does not provide an end-of-year summary for tax purposes.
Holiday Day care is an optional service PASAR offers on non-instructional school days.
- The daily rate for Holiday Care can be found on the PASAR Fee Chart.
- PASAR offers 4 cluster schools in which Holiday Care is offered.
- Sign up for these holidays occurs at the student's home campus.
- Please visit the Holiday Care web page for dates and campuses.
- If a Holiday Care falls on a Monday-Thursday the hours of holiday care service are 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. and Fridays 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- If you sign up your student and do not cancel by the deadline in writing at your PASAR campus you will be charged for Holiday Care fees.
Can I send my own snacks if my child is allergic to the snack PASAR provides? The snack list is posted on-line for each semester. If your child has severe food allergies and has a medical action plan on file please send an appropriate snack for your child.
My student is in PreK now. Can he/she participate in Summer PASAR before he/she begins Kindergarten?
Summer PASAR is available for PISD students who have completed Pre-K. Information is located on the Summer Care page.
- Safety - PASAR provides a safe environment on the child's home campus - no traveling in buses or vans.
- Employees have been cleared through a security and background check and receive ongoing safety and behavior management training.
- Snacks - Nutritious snacks are provided by the PISD Food and Nutrition Services.
- Homework - Students receive homework guidance and supervision with certified teachers.
- After-school Activities - Children can participate in regular school activities, tutorials and clubs before going to PASAR.
- Fine Arts - Students participate in structured fine arts activities and board games.
- Test Skills Reinforcement -Test taking and study skills are reinforced in the summer program.
- STEM activities - (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Holiday/Summer Care - Holiday and summer care are offered from Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Fridays 7:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m. at cluster sites for an additional fee.
- PASAR offers a drop-in care program. Drop-in care is available if your student needs PASAR services occasionally during the month as well as occasionally during the school year. Please see the fee chart for monthly tuition as well as drop-in rates.
Every employee must complete the online PISD application. Submission of your application does not guarantee an interview with PASAR. Login into the online application and begin the Plano ISD new applicant registration.
- Identify PASAR activity specialist role in which you will apply. Complete all questions thoroughly and completely.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications remain active for one year unless you update your application using the same login and password.
- All staff will have a background and fingerprint check through PISD - Safety and Security Department.