Online CBE Resources - Texas Tech University (TTU)
Texas Tech University (TTU) K-12 Credit by Exam tests will be administered through an online platform called Blackboard and monitored using a secure data monitoring system called Proctorio. Proctorio locks down the browser to ensure a secure testing experience for each student.
- An electronic device, such as a Chromebook, Desktop, Laptop (PC or Mac) with a webcam and microphone
- Chrome Internet browser access
As part of the test security and verification process, the student will be asked to present a Photo ID prior to beginning the test.
Acceptable forms of Photo IDs are:
- School ID,
- State Issued ID (Driver's license/Permit), or a
- Parks and Recreation ID.
Prior to the Day of Testing
Steps 1-2 must be completed on the device that will be used for testing.
- STEP 1 - Install the Proctorio Extension prior to the day of testing
- STEP 2 - Access your TTU K-12 Student Portal to take your CBE Test
- STEP 3 - Complete Credit by Exam Test by June 26
TTU Portal Login Information
Please allow two working days (up to 48 hours) from the time you received your TTU Registration email before accessing your course. This will allow time for your information to populate the system.
Below you will find information on how to log into the Portal. After logging in with the information provided in your TTU Registration email, you will be requested to change your password.
- Visit https://portal.k12.ttu.edu and log in with your username and password.
Resources & Links
- Proctorio Chrome Extension
The Prcotorio extension is a small app that needs to be added to your Chrome internet browser. You just need to do this once on the device you will use for testing.
- Using Google Chrome, go to getproctorio.com.
- Under Step 2, click on "Click Here".
- This will open a new tab to the Chrome Web Store. Click on "Add to Chrome".
- A pop-up window will appear. Click on "Add extension".
- A new icon of a shield will appear in the upper left corner of your screen next to your Chrome picture.
This indicates Proctorio has been installed.
- Return to the Getproctorio tab and confirm all 3 steps are now done.
- You may now close the tabs for Proctorio and Chrome Web Store.
- TTU K-12 Portal
Access your TTU Credit by Exam Tests
- TTU K-12 Portal - Student FAQs
- TTU K-12 - Proctorio Student FAQs
Texas Tech University K-12 Portal Support