Online CBE Resources - Avant LOTE Tests
Plano ISD students will be administered their LOTE Credit by Exam (CBE) tests using the AVANT Language Proficiency Assessment Platform. Students will be taking these tests by using a computer/electronic device with a microphone and webcam. Most Avant tests include 4 sections: listening, reading, writing, and speaking. All four sections of the adaptive test must be completed in order for the test to be submitted for scoring.
- An electronic device, such as a Chromebook, Desktop, Laptop (PC or Mac) with a webcam and microphone
- Chrome Internet browser access
As part of the test security and verification process, the student will be asked to present a Photo ID prior to beginning the test.
Acceptable forms of Photo IDs are:
- School ID,
- State Issued ID (Driver's license/Permit), or a
- Parks and Recreation ID.
Prior to the Day of Testing
Steps 1-4 must be completed on the device that will be used for testing before your assigned test date.
- Step 1 - SCHEDULE YOUR PROCTORED AVANT TEST
- Step 2 - RECEIVE CONFIRMATION EMAIL WITH INSTRUCTIONS
- Step 3 - COMPLETE AVANT TECHNOLOGY CHECK AND SAMPLE TEST
- Conduct the Avant Technology Check on the device that will be used for testing.
- Install Virtual Language Keyboard (*See list of tests that require a virtual keyboard).
- Access an Avant Sample Test (*Optional).
- Step 4 - PREPARE FOR YOUR PROCTORED AVANT TEST
- View PreTest Session Video.
PreTest Session Resources & Links
- PreTest Session Video (9:28 mins)
- PreTest Session Google Slides
- Avant Virtual Keyboard Installation Instructions
There are 3 steps needed to load virtual keyboards and type in the desired language
Step 1: Activate the language and keyboard in the system.
Step 2: Switch to the desired language
Step 3: Type in the desired language
- Avant Technology Check Webpage
- Avant Sample Tests Webpage
Avant Technical Support (March - June)