Online CBE Resources - Avant LOTE Tests
Plano ISD students will be administered their language other than English (LOTE) Credit by Exam (CBE) tests using the AVANT Language Proficiency Assessment Platform. Most Avant tests include 4 sections: listening, reading, writing, and speaking. All sections of the adaptive test must be completed in order for the test to be submitted for scoring.
Available Languages for Credit By Exam
For the Fall and Winter administration of LOTE CBE tests:
- Students will test in person on one of two available Saturdays.
- All LOTE Tests will be administered online in a computer lab.
- Registered CBE students taking a LOTE exam will need to report to Clark High School.
- Clark High School, 523 Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, TX 75023.
- Drop-off students at the main entrance facing Spring Creek Parkway.
Allotted Test Time
Saturday, February 4
Saturday, February 11
8:00 - 8:30 AM
8:30 - 11:30 AM
*If students complete their test early, they will be dismissed from their testing room before 11:30 AM.
- Check-in will be from 8:00 - 8:30 AM.
- Students must arrive promptly with a Photo ID.
- Once testing has begun, late arrivals will not be accepted.
- As part of the test security and verification process, students will be asked to present a Photo ID to their Test Administrator prior to beginning the test.
Acceptable forms of Photo IDs are:
- School Issued ID Card
- State Issued ID (Driver's license/Permit)
- Plano ISD Gradebook Photo displayed on their mobile device
- Parents picking up students must arrive no later than 11:30 AM. Students will be permitted to leave once their test is completed.
- If you have any questions regarding your LOTE CBE, please email the Credit By Exam Office at CBE@pisd.edu.
- Clark High School will not have any information regarding CBE LOTE administration.
Avant Technical Support (March - June)