Online CBE Resources - Blackboard
Blackboard Credit by Exam tests will be administered in their online platform and monitored using a secure data monitoring system called Proctorio. Proctorio locks down the browser to ensure a secure testing experience for each student.
- An electronic device, such as a Chromebook, Desktop, Laptop (PC or Mac) with a webcam and microphone
- Chrome Internet browser access
As part of the test security and verification process, the student will be asked to present a Photo ID prior to beginning the test.
Acceptable forms of Photo IDs are:
- School ID,
- State Issued ID (Driver's license/Permit), or a
- Parks and Recreation ID.
*A parent/guardian may present their personal photo ID to verify a student’s identity if the student does not have a photo ID.
Prior to the Day of Testing
Steps 1-2 must be completed on the device that will be used for testing.
- STEP 1 - Install the Proctorio Extension prior to the day of testing
- STEP 2 - Access your Blackboard CBE Test using your PISD username and password
- STEP 3 - Complete Credit by Exam Test by June 26
Resources & Links
- Prctorio Chrome Extension
The Prcotorio extension is a small app that needs to be added to your Chrome internet browser. You just need to do this once on the device you will use for testing.
- Using Google Chrome, go to getproctorio.com.
- Under Step 2, click on "Click Here".
- This will open a new tab to the Chrome Web Store. Click on "Add to Chrome".
- A pop-up window will appear. Click on "Add extension".
- A new icon of a shield will appear in the upper left corner of your screen next to your Chrome picture.
This indicates Proctorio has been installed.
- Return to the Getproctorio tab and confirm all 3 steps are now done.
- You may now close the tabs for Proctorio and Chrome Web Store.
- Blackboard Proctorio Student Guide
- Plano ISD - Proctorio Student FAQ
Proctorio Technical Support