- Be careful and gentle: Take care of our devices and networks.
- Be empowered: Amaze us with the awesome things you do. Share with us (@pisdtech) and your community!
- Be respectful: foster a school community that is positive, principled, and caring.
- Be smart and safe: Think before you click. If you are uncertain, talk with your admin staff.
Adapted from The Lincoln School
Acceptable Use Guidelines (AUG)
- Applies to all network users.
- Applies to all technology resources.
Review the AUG in the PDF on this page.
Remember that every time you log in to a district computer, you agree to the terms of this policy.
Examples of Improper Use of a Computer or the Network
All of the following are PROHIBITED on our network:
- Racist, profane or obscene language
- Using the network for financial gain
- Harming or attempting to harm the equipment or data
- Accessing inappropriate material
- Knowingly placing a computer virus on a computer or the network
- Using a computer or the network for illegal purposes
Specifics Regarding Email
Email is considered a public document under the Texas Open Records Law and can be accessed by the public or news media in the case of any type of legal action.
- Use appropriate language. (No swearing, vulgarity, ethnic or racial slurs)
- No sending of obscene messages or pictures.
- Do NOT send chain letters, etc. Notify friends that you cannot receive them on your PISD email account. Ask them to send these to your home email address.
- Requests for personal information on students or staff members should not be honored via email. (see CQ(EXHIBIT E)). No grade or related information should be exchanged without the signed parent/guardian form on file. In addition, security information such as username or password should not be sent via email.
Student Code of Conduct