YouTube in PISD
Teachers, you can approve videos/channels for students to see. You DO NOT need to approve videos for you to watch them yourself. It's for students to be able to see them from their device (mobile/Chromebook/desktop) when logged into their PISD account.
Read more on our Tech-tastic blog: Teachers Can Approve Educationally Appropriate YouTube Videos For Students in Plano ISD
How to Approve
Activate Your YouTube Channel
How to Activate
Did you know that every Plano ISD educator has their own YouTube channel? You just have to "activate" it.
1. Sign in to YouTube. Go to youtube.com and click the Sign in button. Enter your PISD email address and password.
2. Click on your profile image on the top right of the screen and select Creator Studio or it might say "YouTube Studio".
3. Click on "Create a channel" and follow the prompts to activate it.
What is it?
Now that you have your PISD YouTube channel ready, you can:
- create and upload original videos for your students and parents to access (think tutorials, informational, announcement videos).
- create Playlists on certain topics and add YouTube videos that others have created to them and/or your own videos. Then refer your students to that Playlist for a specific unit of study.
Please contact any member of the Digital Learning Team for help with any of this!
Hotspot YouTube Channel
Subscribe to our Hotspot YouTube channel of instructional how-to videos on a plethora of topics!
Problem: The following message appears when you try to watch a video on YouTube. "Video unavailable. This video is restricted. Try signing in with a Google Apps account."
Solution: Sign into YouTube. Some videos require that you sign in with your PISD Google account in order to watch the videos.
- Go to https://www.youtube.com
- Click the Sign In button in the upper-right corner of the browser.
- Login with your PISD email address and password.
- Your video should play now.
Your Video Won't Play
Problem: You uploaded a video to your channel and when you try to play it, it just "spins".
Solution: Turn off sync in Chrome.
- At the top right of your Chrome browser, click Profile > Sync is on.
- Click Turn off.