ETSI Mission & Vision
ETSI Mission Statement
The mission of Plano ISD's Ed Tech Success Initiative is to create digitally fluent educators who are empowered to create engaging, innovative, and future-focused learning environments.
ETSI Vision Statement
Plano ISD's Ed Tech Success Initiative empowers educators to be digitally fluent technology integrators who are outstanding learners, leaders, citizens, collaborators, designers, facilitators, and analysts.
“...today's training was extremely well put together. The booklet, the Google classroom, all of the resources and how the presentation flowed...you ladies did a FANTASTIC job.”
"You and your team put together a training that was the best I ever had in my 10 years working for PISD. Your professionalism, knowledge, and capacity to share, made this training a paramount experience... we just simply could not wait to share with our students the wealth of expertise you made available to the teachers. A big THANKS from the bottom of my heart."
"I always walk away feeling empowered, engaged and excited to get back to campus and try things with my students and staff!"
"ETSI helps me feel less nervous about technology."
"ETSI has something/information for everyone from novice to proficient."
"I enjoyed hearing all the different apps that teachers are using and having success with in the classroom."
"Your enthusiasm inspires me to be brave and have fun learning and teaching through technology!"
Advice from past ETSI participants
"Don't be overwhelmed. Breathe. Take it all in. Have fun and your students will also have fun!"
"Take notes and be ready to completely transform your way of teaching."
"Be prepared to get out of your comfort zone and learn something new."
"Don't be afraid to share what you know! Everyone is so supportive and willing & wanting to learn!"
"Be ready to learn a lot in a small amount of time!!"
"Be prepared for a lot of information but it's great information and it may take time to process. This is a very worthwhile training and I highly recommend it!"
"Put your seat belt on & brace yourself for a fun & thrilling ride."
"Don't miss it!! I am sure this is only the beginning of what the future holds. The tip-of-the-iceberg in terms of innovation to come. Exciting to be part of history-in-the-making!!"
ETSI Resources 2014-2023
ETSI Level 1
- Location: Shepton High School – In Person
- Date/Time: May 31, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Course Description:
- For those new to ETSI or wanting a refresher.
- Develop an understanding of digital integration theory, pedagogy, and instructional design with this beginner's course.
- Empower your students as active creators and collaborators in digital learning environments.
- Explore strategies that promote inclusion, collaboration, and critical thinking skills.
- Break down barriers to digital integration and unlock the full potential of technology in your classroom.
- This course will provide an overview of the ISTE Student and Educator Standards, SAMR, TPACK, and TIM. We will connect these standards and frameworks to the PISD Instructional Model and Collaborative Team Framework. Get ready to inspire, engage, and empower learners!
- Registration Link
- Location: Academy High School – In Person
- Date/Time: June 6, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
- Course Description: Plano ISD’s Educational Technology Success Initiative (ETSI) is back for its 10th year!
- Develop an understanding of the PISD Instructional Model Snapshots for Technology Integration and how they incorporate digital integration theory, pedagogy, and instructional design.
- Empower learners with digital tools that support and align with the PISD Portrait of a Graduate.
- Explore ChatGPT and other AI technologies
- Learn about the CARE (formerly SEL) tenets and how they connect to digital citizenship.
- Explore the newest technology coming to PISD classrooms including the 86” flat panel displays.
- ETSI Level 1 is not a prerequisite, but is highly recommended.
- Registration Link
Rosters 2014-2021 Roster of all ETSI Attendees
Questions? Contact us!
Contact any member of the PISD Digital Learning Team with questions.
Digital Learning Team webpage