All PISD educators have access to the premium features in Nearpod!
What is it? Nearpod is a presentation tool that allows for synchronous (teacher controls live sessions across student devices) or asynchronous (student-paced mode) interactive content acquisition.
Why use this tool? Use Nearpod to synchronize and control lesson pacing across all student devices, evaluate student responses live or with post-session reports, give every student a voice, allow students to take control of their learning, and take student engagement to the next level by using game-based learning.
1. Go to webdesk.pisd.edu and add the "PISD Nearpod (Library)" app.
Students don't need to sign into Nearpod. They open this app and enter the Nearpod code. Or the teacher can post the Nearpod to Google Classroom and the students just launch it from there.
2. Click the Sign In button on the top right of the webpage.
3. Click Log in with Google and enter your district email address and district password.
4. Click on My Library and grab another device (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Chromebook, laptop).
5. Click on the Getting Started Nearpod lesson in your Library. Use your second device to answer the questions in this self-paced lesson.
Locate Nearpods created by your curriculum department in the District Library:
1. Click the Plano ISD library in the left panel.
2. Open the department folder that you want.
3. Find the lesson and add it to your library.
Doing this creates a copy of the Nearpod presentation just for you!
District/School Library Workflow
1. Classroom teacher shares editable Nearpod lesson with District Administrator.
2. District Administrator makes changes (if necessary) and adds the Nearpod to the correct folder in the District Library.
Done! Anyone in the district can now add a copy of this Nearpod lesson to their personal Library.
1. Classroom teacher shares Nearpod to the School Library.
2. Campus Administrator puts the Nearpod in the correct folder as designated by the campus level stakeholders.
Done! Anyone on campus can now add a copy of this Nerapod lesson to their personal library.
See the page Nearpod for Campus/District Administrators.
Nearpod for Administrators
See our page on the left "Nearpod for Campus/District Admins".
How to Enable Student Notes
Did you know that your students can take notes during your Nearpod presentation!? You just have to be sure to enable this feature before launching your lesson. Here's how!
1. Click on your user profile on the top right
2. Select the settings gear by your name
3. Click Advanced on the left
4. Under "Enable Student Notes", click to toggle it on.
How Student Use Notes
After you have enable student notes and then launch a lesson, students will see the notes icon to the right.
See video below. Note that the email feature will not work for students as they cannot receive emails from outside of our organization. Advise students to use the Google Drive option.
Sharing an editable copy (from a PC)
1. Click the three horizontal dots on the top right of your Nearpod lesson.
2. Click Share.
3. Select the mail icon on the bottom right. This will launch the Outlook client (won't work on a Chromebook).
4. Enter the email address(es) in the Outlook email and hit Send. Done! Recipients will receive two links: one to download the lesson to their library and one to preview the lesson.
Merge Nearpods from your former school district
Are you new to Plano ISD and want to bring your Nearpods with you from your former school district?
Email email@example.com with your name, old email address, and new email address.
They will merge your Nearpod accounts to be on your PISD account.
- Deliver Digital Lessons: Download the Lesson
- Additional Webinar Recordings
- Home-based Learning Resources Hub: Has great resources for parents and teachers.
- Attend a Webinar: Start here if you'd like to attend a live Nearpod webinar.
- Virtual Learning FAQs
- This doc is a HUGE resource of so many Nearpod lessons from getting started to being an administrator, we update this resource all the time as they roll out new releases.
Contact your Digital Learning Team with questions.
Become a Nearpod Coach
Plano ISD is not affiliated with the Nearpod Coach or Certified Educator programs. They are managed by Nearpod.
Nearpod is currently offering a coach cohort. It starts October 3rd.
See their Nearpod Coach information here bit.ly/3Ke92VQ and fill out their form.
Become a Nearpod Certified Educator
Consider applying to become a Nearpod Certified Educator! Learn more here: https://nearpod.com/certified-educator
Enable Student Names to Autofill
Are you tired of students using incorrect or inappropriate names in your Nearpod lessons? Nearpod now lets you enable the student name validation feature.
Click on your image on the top right, Lesson Settings, and turn it on.