iPad Quick Start Guide
Get READY to...
- Use the iPad as an instructional tool
- Increase digital literacy to help students learn
- Model digital citizenship
- Improve your practice with the ISTE Standards for Educators and Standards for Students
Click the headings below to open a dropdown box for more information
Congratulations! You have iPads that are provided by the district to use with your students. Here are a few tips to get you up and running.
Know the parts of the iPad
We use JAMF (Self Service) to manage app installation on district-owned iPads. Please follow these steps to install apps:
- Find and tap this icon on the iPad
- Search (located bottom left) for the title of the app or scroll through the menu until you find the app you want to install.
- Tap "Install"
Please note that the installation of apps might be restricted between the hours of 7a and 3p to conserve bandwidth on your campus WiFi.
Student Orientation Slideshow
Use this slideshow with your students to introduce optimal iPad care and use in the classroom. This is not intended to be completed in one session. You are the classroom expert and know the temperament of your learners. Go at a pace that is comfortable for you and your learners. Plano ISD students are expected to model, practice, and demonstrate these digital fluency skills every day. Refer back to these slides as a reminder throughout the year.
Would you like a copy?
Click here to make your own copy of the English slideshow
Spanish slideshow coming soon