EXERCISES - WORKING WITH PAGES
Exercise 1—Upload Files to Files & Folders
Directions: Upload files to Files & Folders. Follow the steps below.
1. On the Summary tab, click Files & Folders in Common Tools.
2. Create folders for your images and documents. You do this by clicking on Folder Actions at the top of the page,
then selecting New Subfolder from the drop-down list.
3. Type a Name for your folder then click Save.
4. You can continue adding folders and even create folders within folders if you like.
5. Using the Navigation Pane, select a destination folder to which you will upload files.
6. Click Upload. Browse to find the file or files you wish to upload.
a. To select a range of contiguous files, hold down the <SHIFT> key and click on the file names.
b. To select a range of noncontiguous files, hold down the <CTRL> key and click on the files names.
7. What does contiguous mean?
8. Click Upload. When complete, you are returned to Files & Folders.
9. If desired, move a file to another folder using the Move button.
10. Click the More button to display the More Drop-Down List and try the Rename, Get Link and Delete options.
Note that if the file is an image, you see the Preview Image option on the More Drop-Down list.
11. Challenge: Save a file in Files & Folders to your local desktop.
Note: If you move a file to another folder, the web address for the file will change. Remember to update any links to that
file with the new address.
Exercise 2—Add and Edit a Content Page
Directions: Add a new Content Page. Follow the steps below.
1. From the Summary Tab, click New Page.
2. Click on the Content Page Page Type from the list presented.
3. In Page Name field, assign a name for this page. Click Save to return to Page List.
4. Click on the name of the page in the Page List. The app opens.
5. Edit the app as you like.
6. By default, the status of the Content Page is active. The Activate on my page checkbox for the app is checked.
7. If this is acceptable, leave Activate on my page checked. The app will display on the page for viewers specified.
(If you have not specified viewers, the app will display for all visitors to the end-user website.)
8. If you wish to hide the app while you edit it, uncheck the Activate on my page checkbox to deactivate it.
Exercise 3—Change the Page Layout and Add a Calendar App
Directions: Change the Page Layout and add a Calendar App. Follow the steps below.
1. Click Actions to the right of the page you created in Exercise 1.
2. Click Edit Page to access the Page Details window.
3. Click Manage Apps & Layout under Actions to the right of the Page Details window. The Page Details window will
be placed into Design Mode.
4. Click Change Layout.
5. Choose the Two Column layout for your page.
6. Click Apply.
7. Click Add App.
8. Click on the Calendar App from list of Available Apps.
9. Type a name for the app. Use a meaningful name so that you can easily identify the app later.
10. Click Save.
11. Drag and drop the Calendar App to the second column.
12. Click I’m Done to return to the Edit View of the Page Details window.
13. Click the Home breadcrumb or Summary Tab to return to the Page List in Current Pages.
14. Bad idea! You should always use a One Column layout for the Calendar App. Change the Page Layout.
Exercise 3—Add a Calendar Event
Directions: Add an event to the calendar. Follow the steps below.
1. Click the New Event button.
2. When the Event window opens, enter the Start Date, End Date, and Event Name. All other fields are optional.
3. Click Save.
4. To edit an event, position the cursor on the event.
5. Click the Edit button that displays. Edit the event as desired.
6. Click Save.