4. Page Types
Page Types are page templates that contain one or more apps—a starting point for you as you create your pages.
- Most page types are a single-column layout with one app.
- The page types are suggested app and page layouts for a specific purpose.
- You can use a app on any page or page type.
- You do not have to use an app with it's corresponding page type.
- The district can also create custom page types
Apps With Page Types
- About Teacher—share information such as degrees and certifications and include a photograph.
- Alumni Directory—capture alumni information including photographs.
- Article Library—link to articles such as newsletters or stories written by your students.
- Assignments—post homework, in-class or extra-credit assignments.
- Blog—share multiple postings about a subject for commenting.
- Book List—create reading lists and include cover image for each book in the list.
- Calendar—create calendars and post simple, recurring and registration events. Within a section you can have multiple calendars. Post assignments to a calendar from within the Assignments app.
- Discussion—share topics to encourage and spark discussion.
- File Library—post files such as school forms, policies, meeting agendas and minutes.
- Link Library—share links to websites of interest.
- Maps & Directions—share maps and directions for field trips, away games and the like.
- Photo Gallery—showcase photographs of field trips, classroom activities and the like.
- Podcast—share audio recordings such as band or choir performances or speeches.
- Q & A—share multiple questions of interest and answers.
- Upcoming Events—automatically display events from an associated
- Content—the go-to app for adding text to your page.
- Divider—place this app on a page between apps to separate them with a variety of line styles.
- Document Viewer—easily display a document on your end-user website.
- Embed Code—insert third-party embed code and render it locally on your end-user website.
- Facebook-like—allows users to like your page on Facebook.
- Google Folder—use to link to a Google Drive™ folder.
- Heading—display a heading on your page.
- Headlines & Features—create headlines with links to detailed stories you write. You can include teaser text for each headline you add to the app.
- Image—insert a picture on your page.
- Lunch Menu—display daily lunches served in your cafeteria.
- MiniBase—create databases to store and display information such as bus routes, bell schedules and course catalogs.
- Premium Video App—build collections of videos.
- School Directory—maintain schools and the district site information.
- Site Shortcuts—create links to other website pages and external websites.
- Staff Directory—add and maintain information about staff members.
- Table—create tables on your page.
- Twitter Share—allows users to tweet with a link to your page.
- Upcoming Events—display future events linked to a Calendar App.
Specialty Page Types
Basic—Heading, Image and Content App on a two-column page.
Blank— one-column page with no apps.
Department Homepage—Heading, Content, Link Library Apps on a two-column right sidebar page.
Teacher Homepage—Heading, Content, Announcement, Upcoming Events Apps on a two-column right sidebar page.
Page Types Resources