How to Make a Shortened URL Using TinyURL.com or Tiny.cc
For a Website
- Copy the URL that you want to shorten.
- Go to tinyurl.com.
- Paste the long URL and click the "Make TinyURL!" button.
- The shortened URL will appear. You can now copy and paste it where you need it.
For a Google Doc
- Set sharing to “anyone with the link” and either “can edit” or “can view” (depending on what your purpose is for the Doc)
- Copy the “shareable link”
- Go to #2 below
For a Google Form
- After creating your form, click Send (you will not actually send it). You’ll have the option to collect usernames and to send the form by email, a link, or embedding - click the link icon and copy the link
- In another browser tab, go to http://tinyurl.com
- In the field titled Enter a long URL to make tiny, paste the link to your Google form.
Before clicking the Make TinyURL button, you have the option to enter the custom alias (the end of the URL that you want to give to your users - for example, PISD_Watson or Vines-Eng-1). Note that you can’t have spaces in this field.
- Click the Make TinyURL button and you will have a much friendlier URL to say aloud, write on the board, or send in an email.